Blog

Seek Ye First (the law of attraction?)


Seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. Matthew 6:33

I had a moment of clarity on this today as I was pondering something my guides said recently about a friend of mine. More on that in a sec, but for right now, let me throw something out there...

What if "the kingdom of god and his righteousness" is your deepest self, that which connects you to the divine, to source? What if what this verse is trying to say is seek your truth and all these things shall be added unto you... and what if all these things are in reality, the dreams of your soul?

You know me, I always say dreams are the treasure map of the soul. I believe they are the things god instills in us upon creation to direct our course here in this lifetime. They are personal and they are unique. Those dreams speak to us of things oftentimes others don't even understand, but when we follow them... when we look inward and we seek out "god"...when we seek ye first... miracles happen all around us.

When we are living in our truth, we are vibrating our truth and the law of attraction then comes into play exactly as it should because we are now attracting to us all the real pieces, opportunities and people we need to complete those dreams.

Now, about my friend. My guides said to me recently,
"He's in the wrong life." They said he saw the map god placed in his heart, but didn't understand to let god bring it to him. Rather than letting the dreams materialize by following his truest path, he went out and found pieces that looked right to him, looked just like the pieces he saw, but they aren't the same at all and so his life isn't working.

When they said he went out and found pieces that "looked right to him", I saw all the times in my life I'd done the exact same thing. I am forever battling between my logic and my spirit. I know what the dreams of my soul are, and the world says to achieve those you do (insert list of common sense tried and true ways to achieve success here) but god says softly, No, do it this way, and his way never looks sensible. It scares me and I spend days arguing the lack of logic... then I surrender, do it that way and see how right that sense of god in me is.

With my friend, his life looks really great from the outside, great career, sexy girlfriend, friends, great personality, by all appearances he seems happy... but when you look close, he's stressed. Sometimes so stressed I can physically feel it when I get near him. The career, it isn't the one god has for him, but the one god has in mind for him... well that seems to grand, too big... too crazy. So he settles for what he's got, which is pretty damn good.

The girlfriend, she isn't the love of a lifetime, in fact, he doesn't even believe in such a thing. Yet god says he's got a love greater than anything he can even imagine and true, pure love and acceptance to reign out on his life.

My friend has done the exact same thing I've done, the best he knew how to build the life that was in his heart within his own power, following his own head.

Ah but what do I say about a great life and an extraordinary one?

when god gives you a dream, it's extraordinary, but when you build it yourself in your own power... it lacks the essence that lifts it over the top into the extreme. In my experience, when god gives you a dream like that, he's serious about you following it and at some point he comes in and dismantles what you built and makes you start again. At first it's a gentle, okay, now lets just try it my way and see what happens, but the dismantling and the pain thereof tends to be in direct correlation to how much you insist on holding onto what you built.

This, for me, is where the lessons of surrender and faith have been so hard won. I struggled like my life depended on it when, in truth, all I needed to do was "Seek ye first". God doesn't move in ways that make sense to the world, but in my experience, the pay-off is so much greater than any perceived risk.

It's like what I was talking about in the last post about being happy. There are moments of happy to be grabbed everywhere, but true satisfaction, going to bed at night knowing you are exactly where you are supposed to be, the sense of safety and peace that come with that, that's amazing. Add to that, the ease my life has become since finally learning to stay in surrender and build from within.

This is what I'm talking about everyday... being real, in every part of life. It's worth the effort, it's worth the pain, it's worth any loss of things you built up on your own from your logic, it's worth every second of it because as a person who's lived both, I'll tell you with absolute certainty that what comes to you when you're being real, is more than you ever even dreamed when you were all about building what "made sense" before.

We are too busy as a culture chasing the "thing". Whether it's money, love, fame, humanitarianism, education, doesn't matter, if we are chasing the thing, we aren't seeking first... we aren't getting real. We aren't finding the core of our own beings that is god... the part of us that connects with source, that reads, hears, and experiences spirit.

When we seek that, when we make it our intention to be one with our deepest parts, that never steers us wrong and more, when you're living in flow with the divine, like a magnet you start drawing things to you you could have chased for all eternity and never grabbed... this is the real truth of the law of attraction.

It's about being. It's about truth. It's about being still and knowing what god is and where you are being called... And it's about being fearless enough to let him dismantle what doesn't work, what's not his. It's about bearing the loneliness and the pain while things are reassembled. It's about faith and trust and knowing there is purpose in this journey.

I talk about this all the time because this is the piece of the puzzle I have. It's about your truth, about being authentic, about those dreams god put in your heart and letting them blossom into life. That's my truth, that's my faith, it's what I know for sure.

No comments: