Blog

It’s All Energy

More and more, lately, people are talking about energy and how it makes up our physical being as well as everything around us. Some people have even become more comfortable with the term “God” if it is described as an energy force rather than a disapproving father figure. There are books and classes and numerous articles available online for studying energy and how to control and manipulate it to create the best life possible. It is an interesting time and we are very fortunate to have all this available to us.

What I believe is that at the most basic level, everything is energy and I’ve even learned how to transfer it, block it, absorb what I need of it and heal with it. I’ve had these experiences that I cannot deny and by looking at things more from an energy perspective, it makes it easier for me personally to navigate the world around me.

What I want to focus on right now though is the energy we create with our thoughts. There is an article on the “BE” page talking about our inner dialogue, I want to continue that thought process here at a more advanced level bringing in the concept of the Law of Attraction.

The essence of the law is found across religion and in the DNA of basic psychology, but was never more mainstream than with the success of a little book called The Secret.

I know countless people have read the book, but I’m not sure most of the people who read it, really understood the core focus on the law of attraction. It’s not about merely thinking I want a rich, sexy husband, or I want a promotion and an office with a window, you have to
create the energy that says you already have those things. That is what the universe responds to and that is how it gets its cue for what to send your way.

For instance, an example from my own life, if you read the article on the "Relationships" page about creating the relationships we truly desire, you will see that I am breaking old patterns in my life by no longer telling the universe I want relationships with people who’ll hurt me. That was the energy signal I’ve been sending out merely by my core belief that people hurt and abandon me, based on my experiences.

The second I started changing that, my relationships started changing. I noticed people left my life, but new ones are coming in and I am refusing to be afraid of them. In the past, I would put up walls instantly and be concerned about how this new person would fail me. Therefore that was the energy signal being sent into the universe.

The universe doesn’t speak English, or Spanish, or Dutch, or Portuguese, it speaks energy. If you want to talk to it, you need to learn to speak it’s language.

If this is a new concept for you, I would encourage you to start small. With something you’ve been struggling with, some pattern you see formed in your life that you want to change. Maybe it’s eating habits, or relationships, or you never get the dream job… whatever it is, ask your soul quietly and something will rise to the surface.

Then I want you to picture the thing the way you wish it to be. For instance, I want to be a very successful author, but I’ll be honest, book sales are erratic and while some months I’m doing great, others I start thinking about waiting tables. If I focus on waiting tables, the universe will start thinking that’s what I want and will provide all the opportunity in the world for me to wait on those tables. So instead, I picture in my head a book signing with people lined up around the block waiting to come in and meet me. I have every detail of the bookstore envisioned in my mind, I can see what I’m wearing, how my hair is done, I even see a very sexy man smiling at me with pride, waiting for me as I sign these books and meet my fans.

That is a powerful image and one that will get the universe’ attention. The more detail you can put into it the better. There are times I can smell coffee brewing in the background and I can hear the murmur of the crowd’s voices. Whatever your image, make it as detailed as you are able to.

Maybe for you it’s a wedding, be able to taste the champagne your new spouse toasts you with, smell the flowers in your hair, get blinded when that rock on your finger hits the light.

Stick with the same vision every day and keep drawing in the details until you can hold it and feel it. That’s the key, It’s not about using your words, it’s about feeling the life you want in your body. It’s about sending out the energy of that life into the universe and letting it reflect it back into your life.

This isn’t something you’re going to get the first time you try, but it is well worth perfecting. I personally see so much change in my life when I’m manifesting the right energy and I believe you will too!

No comments: