Blog

Heartsong of a Sojourner

I am a sojourner. I travel much. I grow. I learn. I ascend. I never stay at the level I was at yesterday. I cannot. It is not in my nature.

As such I am often alone.

I am beginning to realize the sacredness of that.

I have seen and experienced much in my life. Since making the intentional choice to seek out the spiritual and the supernatural, I have become so much more than I ever was before.

I experienced something profound this morning and as usual, I was alone. Aloneness is state I become more comfortable with by the day if I'm truthful. I think it's simply a state of truth for being a sojourner. You cannot stay and hope to find like minded souls who may or may not be brave enough to walk with you.

Therefore, I walk alone much of the time.

I dream of someday finding someone to travel with, but I do understand how much that's asking and honestly, I don't hold a lot of hope for it. In part because most people don't understand my intuitive/spiritual side and in part because even those that do, they have their own path to walk and at the end of the day, it's a burden to walk with me.

I will see things in your life you probably won't want to know about. I will challenge you
to grow. I will ask that you treat me with dignity and respect and I will walk away from you if you won't. I will always see the bigger picture in any situation. I have visions and I get "words". I know things there is no explanation for and I get premonitions.

That is not easy to walk with.

But that is the path I walk and if I must walk it alone I will.

I am here with a purpose and it is not to make the people around me more comfortable by pretending I am other than I am and though I have found people in my life finally who don't expect that of me, I still always feel just slightly out of phase with everyone. 

There are people I feel bonded to, people I feel responsible for in a Karmic sense. There is a man I feel mated to, but none of that guarantees bonds or deep rooted relationships.

One of the most important journeys we take in life is finding our own strength and truth. It's something I take very seriously and work very hard to achieve. I had a rather profound experience this morning, and what I know for sure, at my core, I am changed.

My heart and soul and mind will always travel. I will find peace and joy and harmony in my relationships, but most important, within myself.

I am taking on my life with new hands. I will breath life into Starlight Key. I will take up responsibility for my tribe. I will heal relationships. I will be everything I was created to be.

There will be no more arguing. It is done. I am changed.


No comments: