Blog

My Thoughts on Religion and Spirituality

I live a deeply spiritual life, never walking far away from that core "godness" I feel welling up from deep inside me. I was raised Christian, and still carry a great many of those beliefs and traditions, but I believe there is so much more to life, god, our existence and I'm forever on a journey to discover all I can.

I had a vision once during a rather deep meditation where I saw religion as more of a gateway to larger truth. Some people thrive on the structure and comfort provided by traditions and legends, but some of us long for deeper truth, while others simply long for the freedom to simply live. I don't think there are "wrong" paths necessarily. I think god leads us down roads he knows we will understand and be able to connect with us on. They do not all look similar. I think the greatest downfall of most religion is they fail to recognize god in any other form than that they have been taught to recognize.

For me, ALL truth is God's truth. In the Holy Bible, book of John, 10:27 is says "My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me." I will not ever tell anyone who says they know god's voice that they are wrong because it looks or sounds different from how I hear it. We are all in this together and if we would work together, sharing out truths, our experiences, I believe together we would all have a clearer picture of this thing we call god.

I think ultimately, that has always been god's plan, to get us all to work together, to overcome our prejudices and our fears about what's right, wrong, normal, or weird and come together in love to share him.

I know as a Christian, I was taught that the only way into heaven was through Christ, however I always argued with where the church takes that. At its very base, all Christ cared about was love and acceptance, he didn't want worshiped, he didn't want arguing and hatred,especially in his name. We disgrace him when we do these things. It is because of this that so many, myself included, have walked away from organized religion to walk our own paths, seeking truth as we sojourn along in life.

I am one of these people and I have amazing spiritual and supernatural experiences to share, if they make you uncomfortable, then please walk on, but if you are a seeker of truth, like myself, then I hope what you find here is enlightenment and the safety to think larger than you have. It is a journey, always and I will travel continuously for it is who I am. I wish all who come by here peace in the deepest sense of the word ~ Namaste.

No comments: