Blog

I Am... A Profound Moment of Learning

One of the "commandments" I have long lived in fear of is the one that says do not take the name of the lord your god in vain.

As a child, this one scared he bejezzes out of me because A- I didn't really understand it and B- that seemed like one REALLY easy to slip up on.

I mean people all around me, all my life, have used the phrase, Oh my God! Right? So how is it that that commandment is written about so seriously and so prominently, yet broken so casually?

I've long since given up trying to figure out the "commandments". I've sort of let them go by the wayside as religious instruments. However, in a conversation with my oldest, he said to me, kind of out of the blue might I add, he asked me what do I consider to be God's name?

Okay I was totally taken aback, because
a "name" was another thing I'd given up, a rose by any other name, blah blah blah... but he had a point to make.

We were discussing the law of attraction which is why his sharp left turn into religious trappings startled me, but I went with it and the first thing that had popped to mind was what God said to Moses at the burning bush...

"I AM WHO I AM. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: 'I AM has sent me to you." Exodus 3:14

He agreed, and said and what does the third commandment say?

It connected for me instantly and my mouth literally dropped open.

Do not take the name of the lord your god in vain... I AM has sent me to you...

Wrap all of this back around to the law of attraction and the truth of the matter being that "I am" statements are the most powerful ones in our universe.

I am stupid.

I am ugly.

I am fat,

I am old.

I am a horrible mother.

I am beautiful.

I am smart and capable.

I am healthy.

I am a profound teacher and blessed mother.

Do not take the name *I AM* of the lord your god in vain.

It wasn't about him demanding respect, it was about the power within those two words. He was warning us, not controlling us. It's one of the reasons the law of the old testament makes little sense to me. It seems to have been translated by people who believed in a cold, removed and angry god and that's just not the god I've ever known.

And yes, I know what I'm saying here is taking HUGE leaps in the theology of this text, but for the sake and purpose of my life, this resonates as truth. This makes sense to me.

This is life changing.

If you want more on my life and the law of attraction, my lessons learned and what I believe now, you can check out these two posts below...

Law of Attraction Proofing My Life
Law of Attraction Awakening

Suffice it to say though, that I believe wholeheartedly in the law, it's too perfect, too intricate to not be god. I see his fingerprints all over that and I think all religion is trying to point us to it.

The law is god and god is the law and if we can see that, embrace it and use it in our lives... we become more than we can even imagine in this moment. We achieve the dreams and we light up the world, just like we've always been told in scripture was our destiny.

Beautiful.




No comments: