Blog

Taking You Places You’ve Never Seen Before

That’s what god does in my life.

A year and a half ago he brought me to Florida. I had been planning a move to Orlando anyway after the implosion of what I had called my life the year before, but I had no real idea how I was going to make it happen. I only knew I had to be in Florida.

The trip had been pushed back three separate times and if I’m entirely honest, I wasn’t sure I’d ever really make it here. Then one day something happened in my life that was so polarizing that I sat in my bed and asked myself “Why am I still sacrificing my life for others who would never do the same for me?”

It was in that moment I heard god speak and he said go online, book your airline ticket for the first flight out and don’t look back.

I did and within two weeks of that moment, I arrived in Orlando… and was promptly homeless. I spent my first day in my new life trying to find a place to live and when all looked positively bleak, I again heard that voice tell me, check there, that’s where I want you.

Well the place god “wanted” me looked to be closed, but I finally listened and as it turned out, that place that looked out of business had been a 5 star Hyatt that was in the process of a change of ownership and was in flux and it became my home the first four months I lived here. Not only had god taken me from a small trailer in VA where I was dying, but he placed me in a large hotel room with king bed, a balcony overlooking a pool, complimentary breakfast every morning and a Disney shuttle too boot! I was in heaven. :D

In the first few weeks of my life here I came upon wildlife I’d never seen before, armadillos, alligators, and a lot of water fowl. There was a flock of white ibis that came to dine on bugs in the lawn outside my room every day, frogs that would hop up on my balcony during rain storms and tons and tons of lizards!

I’m an animal person, so I was loving it.

Every afternoon that I hadn’t gone to Disney, I would walk the two blocks to the local Subway to find dinner and along the way I would talk with god and I just remember feeling
a sense of joy and peace I’d never before felt in my life. God had taken me somewhere I’d never seen before and the confidence I had, that my entire life was now different, soared.

On these walks there were two things that always caught my attention. On the way back, right as I would diverge into my hotel there was a freeway sign on the main road I had just walked along, it said Magic Kingdom straight ahead. Every day I was reminded of what god had done, by remembering that Disney World was literally five more minutes up the road from where he had placed me.

The second thing was a pair of Sandhill cranes. I had never in my life seen these birds, or anything like them really. They must stand every bit of four feet tall and they flock, or come in pairs usually and they just walk along the grass picking for bugs. Something about the grandeur of these birds always spoke to me of god fulfilling his promise to me to bring me here. In fact, it resonated so deeply that even though I had no idea what the future would hold, every time I saw those birds, I knew god would always take me places I’d never seen and show me wonders I’d never experienced before.

It’s a year and a half later and I now live about thirty minutes from Disney, so I no longer have that great Magic Kingdom ahead sign to remind me where I am, but I do still see those cranes from time to time, I’ve been seeing them a lot lately as a matter of fact and as I’ve been in a bit of a dark time, they’ve been a welcome sight indeed.

I’ve been struggling with the end of the year coming and still being in transition, not having a home of my own yet, still being in debt, not having all the books written I had wanted to have written and not having the great love of my life, but then I realized how wrong I am in thinking that way. I am beyond blessed. There hasn’t been a single day since arriving here in Florida that I’ve been in need. I’ve met some wonderful people, discovered new passions, met my twin flame, learned more about myself and my spiritual gifts than I ever even dreamed, god has taken me to places I’d never seen and he’s done so with protection, love and grace.

No, I am not financially stable, YET, and no, I don’t have a great romantic love, YET, but what I do have, has more worth than all the gold in the world. I am finishing up one of the best years of my life where I’ve seen more, discovered more, experienced more than I ever even imagined. I am happy to the depths of my soul with where I am and where I know I’m going. I still have great struggles with patience, but my guides are showing me more and more every day how to surrender in patience to the god that knows what he’s doing, the god who said “Go now” and when I did, my whole world opened up.

He has not brought me this far to drop me on my ass and he is in no way finished with me. We are on a fantastic journey together and every time I see those cranes, I am reminded of the awe I felt when I first arrived here in Florida, and I am reminded that no matter what my life may look like on the surface, God has always got his hand on it and I have absolutely nothing to worry or fret over. I just have to wait, listen and move when I’m told go.

Whatever your idea of god is, I believe the energy that makes up that essence touches us all with the same power. If you trust, believe, and go when he says go, he will absolutely take you places you’ve never seen before and your world will be changed forever.

No comments: